Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Memories and Music

It's funny how music and memories are related. You know when you hear that one song, it takes you back to a time and place, and you can almost feel the emotions that you felt during that moment back in time? I find it crazy! Is it just me? Anyway, I've been listening to Pandora a lot (yes, I'm a little late on discovering this..) and I keep hearing songs that take me back to my high school days. Man, sometimes I miss the simplicity of those days. Ha, and to think I just used the word simplicity to describe my life in high school! How foolish I was back then to think that things were difficult. I hadn't the slightest clue about the reality of adult life. Ah, to go back to the days of school, friends, homework, part time jobs, and first love.. No bills to worry about, no REAL problems. Oh,young love - I remember you well! I kind of miss that innocence. Oh, the drama. What's funny is that at the time I hated high school.. despised it! Looking back on it now.. teenage years were not so horrible after all. Don't get me wrong, I love my life now. I have the best husband I could possibly ask for. He is my rock and my best friend. There is no one else I would rather go through these ups and downs of life with. I have a great family and wonderful friends. I am blessed to have best friends whose friendships have lasted more than a decade. ValAnn and I have been best friends for what? 10/11 years? Allie and I for 17? Woah, 17 years! Miss Kristen Michelle for 10 years. Those are true friendships. Not to mention the many great friendships I have developed since then. I am very close to my friend Jen down here in Texas and we've only known each other for a little over 2 years. Although Army life can create bonds pretty quickly :) I wouldn't trade my life or the people in it for anything!

Anyway, enough rambling for tonight. Just going down memory lane and listening to a little music....

No comments:

Post a Comment