Monday, October 24, 2011

IUI#2

Yay, it's done! This morning we had our second IUI and I think things went pretty well. We should have had 3 mature follicles ready by the time we had the IUI this morning and things in the sperm department went pretty well, too. The doctor said there were about 20 something million PRE wash and about 20% motility.. which isn't great, but that after they 'washed' it and condensed it what we were working with was about 40 million and 50% motility. I like the second set of numbers much better :) I will say that the IUI was PAINFUL again this time though! They have a hard time getting the catheter through my cervix and finally they used the tenaculum (spelling?) to grab my cervix and pull it straight. WOW, that thing hurt like hell. They didn't use that last time when they had an issue and I think they should have. Even though it hurt, I'm glad they used it because it allowed everything to get where it needed to go easily and I don't think they did it right last time around. The doctor who did the IUI today seemed to have a better idea of what he was actually doing and was very careful about everything. It made me feel good. I'm feeling positive about everything at the moment and I'm beginning to get excited. It scares me that I am getting my hopes up again, but I can't help it. I guess we will see what happens in the next 2 weeks. Praying, praying, praying...


OH hilarious moment... my husband giving his 'boys' a pep talk before giving his sample.. He had to give them their mission and was deciding how to encourage them so he says "first one to the egg gets to be spoiled by grandma and grandpa!" LOL... I love that he can make light of any situation and make me laugh. I hope his pep talk worked ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment