Monday, March 19, 2012

Well..

I never updated after the last IUI, but the results were what I expected.. negative. Another failed IUI. This one really messed with my head, too because my cycle did not start until 17dpiui! That never happens and it was strange. I'm starting to wonder if this will ever work for us, or if we need to seriously consider saving for IVF. I haven't updated my blog in a while because I have been a little down, plus we were out of town this past week. It has just been hard. The same week that we found out the IUI failed, there were 8 pregnancy announcements from friends. Really?! It drives me nuts. I don't mean to sound petty, but it seems like each time a treatment fails another flock of women announce they are expecting. I just want to be a mother. My heart aches and I am tired of disappointment. I'm also sick of everyone else's opinion or advice. If you don't know what I am going through and haven't been where I am .. Do not give me your opinion. I don't mean to sound mean, but it is frustrating. There are even certain family members who seem to think 'if we just stop trying it will happen'. Or people who think that somehow a treatment cycle 'cures' our issues and we can get pregnant without a problem. I'm sorry, but that is just not how it works. I wish it worked that way, but sadly, it does not.

Anyway, I just started taking Provera (yay for saving half of my last prescription for this very purpose (lol) ) and we should be starting another IUI cycle sometime next week I believe. This time will be a fully injectable cycle. I hope it helps. If not.. well, then I think we may start saving our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment