Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Still waiting..

Well, we still have not done the IUI we were planning on in January. My body has been determined to do anything BUT what it's supposed to.. yay PCOS! (note the sarcasm). Anyway, I was given a prescription for Provera and should hopefully begin my cycle today (if it does not happen today then we won't be able to move forward for this month because we are going on leave in a couple weeks). It took me almost 3 weeks to get my prescription because of some back and forth with the doctors between San Antonio and Fort Hood. I was agitated to say the least. I finally traveled through a horrible storm early in the morning last week in order to pick it up myself in San Antonio. If all goes well the IUI should be right as leave starts (leave starts the 13th and it should either fall on the 13th or 14th). I am so ready to get the ball rolling again. This may be our last chance at this, because very soon Matt will be out of the Army and we will be moving to Florida. We should be moving in the next 2-3 months. I'm actually very excited that if all goes well we will be on leave for two weeks during the dreaded two week wait and I will have my mind preoccupied while on vacation :) Sounds perfect to me! Just what I need.. relaxation! My heart is tired of hurting and I just want to get on with our lives. I want this to be over with. I keep expecting a miracle and have yet to be given one.. but that doesn't mean I have given up hope. I serve a loving, powerful God who can make anything happen. I have said over and over again that I will give Him ALL the glory should I ever become pregnant. There is not a single person who will not know that our child would be a miracle. I am proof of miracles because I am one. I was my parents' miracle when they were unable to have another child (different medical issues than what Matt and I face). They never gave up.. well, I guess they did, but my older sister did not and she prayed hard for a sister and her prayers were answered. I have every faith that mine will be, too.

On a sad note, it was a year ago today that my brother-in-law passed away. Today is a sad day in our home and for my husband's entire family. Our hearts hurt from the tragic loss of Danny, but know that God will continue to carry us through, just as He always has. We've endured so many hardships and have felt so much pain in the past few years. But there is a light at the end of this tunnel.. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment