Thursday, November 3, 2011

My 'unconventional' way of thinking

This may seem a little odd to some, but I want to share something.
Yesterday, on my way to pick up the kids I babysit from school, God and I had a little talk. I thanked Him for my struggles. This may sound strange, but I feel like I have been given a blessing by having to deal with infertility. I feel like I was chosen to experience a miracle and to share with everyone my journey so that they too can see what God can do. I may struggle, but I have also grown because of this. I will never take for granted the miracle that is conception. Every single child that is born is a miracle. I have learned so much about the human body in the past couple years. It truly is amazing. I know Matt has also learned a lot (and probably more than he ever has wanted to know! lol). I feel lucky because when I finally do get pregnant, it is going to be that much more special for us. Not only has God given me this opportunity for growth and to hopefully experience a miracle, but my marriage has had the opportunity to become stronger. Infertility can certainly wear on a couple's marriage, but for us it has only brought us closer. Matt has been there every step of the way and he is so supportive. I know this is also hard on him, but he still tries to see things from my point of view, too. He listens. He has been at every single appointment and he tells me how proud he is of me for putting my body through all of this in hopes of giving us a child. I could not ask for a better partner to go through life's ups and downs with. I believe that we are going to be better parents for going through this. I feel more prepared than I was at the beginning of our journey and since it has taken so long, we have had a lot of time to discuss how we want to raise our children. So, thank you God for our hardships because on the other side of this is a blessing. I have already been blessed in so many ways. God can take any hard time in your life, any struggle, and turn it around and use it for His glory and to bless you. One of my favorite verses is Ecclesiastes 3:11, "He has made everything beautiful in its time." It has always been true in my life, and I hope others can look at theirs and see that it is true for them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment